Step 3: Attendance
Wow, you’re looking like an AthletaDesk pro already! We’re now going to master Attendance. Taking attendance is completely optional but recommended.
A few key benefits of taking attendance:
- Tied to billing (if charging per session)
- Leave individual session notes for the client or yourself
- Record payments made at the session and send a receipt (automatically entered into the billing account)
- Issue and use make-up credits (make-up credits are completely optional)
- Click on the session or event in the Calendar you would like to take attendance for and choose “Attendance“.
- When the attendance pop-up appears, choose the appropriate attendance option.
- If you would like to include session notes that can be emailed to the athlete select “Add Notes“.
- Click the blue “Save” button.
What do the different attendance options mean?
AthletaDesk features a variety of different attendance options to cover all possible situations. To make it easier to remember, we added “($)” to any attendance options that will charge the athlete. If you choose an option that doesn’t have “($)”, the event isn’t considered billable. (If you have athletes who pay the same amount each month, one billable event will trigger their monthly charge.)
This is the default attendance setting, and it means that AthletaDesk doesn’t know if this client showed up or not. 99% of the time you’ll be changing the attendance status from Unrecorded to something else.
- Present ($)
Choose this option if the client was present for their session. The ($) indicates that the client will be billed for this session. (If you charge a flat monthly rate, your client won’t be billed extra)
- Present, Late ($)
This option is identical to “Present ($)”, but can be used to keep track of late/tardy client arrivals.
- Present, Use Make-Up Credit
Choose this option if the client was present and you want to use a make-up credit (rather than bill the client). This option will NOT be shown if the client doesn’t have any make-up credits.
- Absent, Give Make-Up Credit ($)
Choose this option if the client did not attend the session, but you’d like to issue a make-up credit. Just like with “Present ($)”, the “($)” means that the client will be billed for this session.
- Absent, Use Make-Up Credit
Choose this option if the client was scheduled for a make-up lesson but was absent. This option will deduct a make-up credit because the client was a “no-show”.
- Absent, No Make-Up ($)
Choose this option if the client did not attend and you won’t be making up the session. The client will be billed for this missed session. Most instructors use this option if the client was a no-show.
- Absent, Notice Given
Choose this option if the client was not present but gave you advance notice. For example, if the client let you know a few days before the session you would use this option. No billing charge is assigned to the client (and no make-up credit is issued).
- Instructor Absent, Make-Up ($)
Choose this option if you were absent and wish to make-up the lesson. The client will be billed, and a make-up credit will be issued.
- Instructor Absent, No Make-Up
Choose this option if you were absent and do not wish to make up the session. The client will not be billed.
Tip: If you see a ($) beside the attendance option, that means the client is paying for that session. (If you’re using fixed monthly billing it means this session will trigger the monthly charge if applicable.)